Summer is here, and the temperatures are rising by the day. Want to keep your family cool and comfortable all summer long? Here are some simple home AC tips to follow for a nice and cool summer:
- Use a programmable thermostat to keep your home cool when you’re gone—While you don’t want your AC blasting the whole time you’re gone, you also don’t want to shut it off completely. If your home gets too hot while you’re gone, you’re going to have a hard time cooling it back down when you get home. Use a programmable thermostat to keep the temperature in your home within a reasonable range during the day.
- Change your filter regularly—If your filter is dirty, not only will our family be breathing dirty air but your AC won’t cool your home as effectively either. Make sure to clean or replace your filters every few months.
- Use your ceiling fans properly—During the summer, your ceiling fans should be turning counter-clockwise to provide a downward breeze.
- Keep heat from coming in through the windows—Heat passes through windows fairly easily and causes your home to heat up. Keep your blinds and shades closed during the day to keep your home a little cooler.
- Maintain your AC properly—Annual inspections from a professional air conditioning service company can go a long way to keeping your AC working properly all summer long.
For all your Denver air conditioning maintenance and repair needs, trust the experienced team at Sanders & Johnson. Learn more at www.SandersAndJohnson.com.