Sanders and Johnson, a 43-year-old established, stable, and highly respected residential Denver HVAC company, is searching for an experienced HVAC Service Technician. Our organization has seen several years of steady growth even during the pandemic. We have great leadership, a long-term strategy, and a vision for future expansion while protecting our reputation for honesty and integrity. But most of all we are a fun team of people who enjoy working with each other while serving a great group of customers.
We are looking for a mature, experienced, smart and friendly individual for the role of Service Technician. You will need to already have at least five (5) years of experience in this role and demonstrate competency at servicing residential HVAC equipment. The ideal candidate has a positive can-do attitude and a friendly, outgoing, and confident demeanor which endears him to our customers and thus inspires repeat business the next time that customer has a service need.
- Diagnose, service and repair forced-air furnaces, residential air conditioning systems, boilers, ductless mini-split systems, tanked and tankless hot water heaters.
- Educate customers about various value-add accessories such as hard start kits, IAQ systems, etc.
- Generate replacement sales leads and promote maintenance agreements.
- Complete all paperwork (tickets, work orders, invoices, time cards etc.) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow any and all additional company policies and directives from management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least five (5) years of residential service experience servicing the types of equipment described above.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude that focuses on solutions instead of problems.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle challenging situations with grace and charm.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and capable of handling multiple tasks and assignments.
- Must be 100% honest and possess the highest degree of personal integrity.
- Must maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance at all times.
- Must have your own basic tools.
- EPA certification required. NATE certification desirable but not mandatory.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, have a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Prior military experience is a plus but not a requirement.
Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience:
- Competitive hourly rate plus various bonuses.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Company-paid classroom trainings.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company-sponsored retirement plan with company contribution.
- Direct deposit.
We are a veteran-friendly workplace.
A person applying for this job should be capable of lifting up to 100 pounds; be able to push/pull/manipulate heavier items when using appropriate tools and/or additional manpower; carry ladders; and be comfortable with heights and tight crawl spaces.
The above job description describes the general nature of the duties and responsibilities associated with this role. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, qualifications, and responsibilities needed to successfully execute this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $40.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: Masks, gloves, shoe coverings, and sanitizer are standard practice. Meetings are limited and conducted in a ventilated space. Equipment to mitigate airborne pathogens has been installed.